This breakfast is probably not particularly low-cal, but I can assure you it gives you a good filling start to your day, so if you screw up or cheat later, you've already put some good things in your body. it's got a little bit of all the goodies in terms of antioxidants, protein, and fiber. Let's not use that as an excuse to cheat, ok?)
So hear it is:
Everything-But-the-Kitchen-Sink Oatmeal Recipe
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- 1 rounded tablespoon of raisins
- 1 rounded tablespoon of dried cranberries
- 1 medium strawberry
- small handful of blueberries - 16 or so
- heaping tbsp. of flax seeds
- heaping tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 8 almonds
- 1 tablespoon of flax oil
- 1 tablespoon of first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
While it's cooking, combine flax seeds, sunflower seeds and almonds in a coffee grinder, and blend.
When oatmeal is cooked, add the grinder's contents, olive oil, flax oil, blueberries, and strawberry (cut it up).