|(The best Greek Yogurt EVER)|
1 White Tea bag steeped in1/3 cup of hot water
1/2 cup of almond milk
1 banana and 1/2 diced mango (frozen is fine - and more convenient)
1/2 cup of frozen or fresh strawberries
1/2 cup of low fat plain Chobani yogurt
1 scoop of vanilla flavored protein powder, if desired
1 teaspoon of honey
Heat approximately 1/3 cup hot water in the microwave and steep the White Tea bag while preparing other ingredients for your breakfast smoothie. Ideally the tea should be cooled somewhat before you add it to your smoothie. Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
If you're serving this to others at home and not on your way out the door to work garnish the rim of your glass with a strawberry if desired.
Why the White Tea?
The simple answer: Lots of Antioxidants
Here's how you can benefit from white tea and the antioxidants it contains:
- Antioxidants are nutrients that protect the body from damage by free radicals.
- Flavonoids, a class of antioxidants, inhibit the growth of cancer cells and prevent the development of new ones.
- White tea can thin the blood and improve artery function. It helps lower high blood pressure, guarding against the chances of a stroke.
- Catechins, another group of antioxidants, have been found to reduce cholesterol, and white tea is full of these. This helps prevent hardening of the arteries and poor blood flow.
- Studies show that people who drink 2 or more cups of tea a day are almost 50% less likely to die after suffering a heart attack.
- The antioxidants in white tea strengthen the entire immune system helping to ward off bacteria and viruses.