- I found this Alaskan Crab Salad with Grapefruit and Avocado Recipe in a local grocery store magazine. It was originally posted in FoodandWine.com. It is healthy, light, and refreshing. I made some changes to the original, as noted.
Alaskan Crab Salad with Grapefruit and Avocado
- 4-5 leaves of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 red or pink grapefruit
- 1 tbsp small red onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb cooked, shelled king crab meat (3/4 lbs in the shell) cut into 3x ½ inch pieces
- 1 Hass avocados, peeled, halved lengthwise, and very thinly sliced
- 16 raw almonds, cracked
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves
- 12-16 fresh raspberries
In another bowl, mix the onions, soy sauce, lemon juice, 4 tbsps. of olive oil, and half the grapefruit juice. Season with salt and let stand for 10 minutes. This will be your salad dressing.
In a skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsps. oil til shimmering. Add the crab and cook over high heat, turning once, 30 seconds. Add the remaining grapefruit juice, and sautee the crab about 10 more seconds. Remove from heat.
Tear romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces and arrange on plate. Arrange the grapefruit sections on top, followed by the avocado slices then the crab. Garnish with almonds, cilantro and raspberries, drizzle with the dressing, and serve.
|King Crab, Grapefruit and Avocado Salad|
Health benefits of Avocado - see my previous post Basil, Pesto, Veggie Wrap Recipe.
Hope you enjoy this salad. Feel free to make variations to your liking.
It is healthy for your body and skin, low-cal, and refreshing!
Another summer flower for you from my potted hibiscus: