|Eggplant Mini Pizzas with Mozzarella|
- 1 medium sized eggplant - uniformly cylindrical, if possible
- your favorite pasta sauce (I used Barilla Tomato & Basil)
- 1 8oz bar of Mozzarella cheese, or Asiago cheese
- Approx. 1/8 of a "log" of Goat's Milk Cheese
- Italian Seasoning, Oregano, Thyme, salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the ends off the eggplant and take the skin off with a potato peeler. (Working from one cut end will make it easyier to start a strip to peel. Cut the peeled eggplant crosswise into 1/4 inch thick pieces and place on a cookie sheet.
Spoon your pasta sauce onto each slice (about a tablespoon full of sauce on each). Sprinkle on seasonings. Top with thin slices of Mozzarella or Asiago (or perhaps a combination on the two). Asiago is a hard enough cheese that you can actually use the potato peeler to shave off pieces.
Sprinkle crumbled Goat Cheese on top. I used a fork to scrape the goat cheese log while holding it over the eggplants and let the crumbles fall where they willed.
Place in the oven on the middle rack and cook for 40 minutes. (Check for browning edges after about 30-35 minutes.)
|Eggplant Mini Pizzas with Mozzarella and Goat Cheeses|
|Eggplant Mini Pizzas with Asiago and Goat Cheeses|